Meet Dr. Mercer
Dr. Mercer has been practicing Comprehensive Ophthalmology in Grass Valley since 1981. He is an active staff member of Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital as both Chief of Surgery and Chief of Staff. He is also currently a staff member of Sierra Ambulatory Surgery Center.
- 1983-present - American Board of Ophthalmology Diplomate
- American Board of Ophthalmology Fellow
- Residency 1978: Completed first year Residency in Internal Medicine, Long Beach Veterans Medical Center Long Beach, CA 1978-1981 - Completed
- Ophthalmology Residency University of California Irvine, Irvine, CA
- Internship: 1977-1978 - Long Beach Veterans Administration Medical Center, Long Beach, CA
- Medical School: 1973-1977 - University of California Irvine School of Medicine, Irvine, CA
- College: 1970-1973 - BS in Physiology, University of California Davis, Davis, CA
Dr. Mercer and his wife have raised their two children in beautiful Nevada County. He has served as a Board member of both Sierra Adoption Services and Hospice of the Foothills. He has also served as Chief of Staff at Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital. His wife, Connie, a former teacher, was active in the local schools while raising their kids. Dr. Mercer’s interests include golf, travel, fine dining, and the Sacramento Kings. His practice remains busy and he enjoys spending time with new and established patients as well as his partners and staff.