Meet Dr. Zealear
- Dr. Zealear began caring for the medical and surgical eye care needs of his patients in Grass Valley in 1987 when he joined Sierra View Medical Eye INC. He is currently on staff of the Sierra Ambulatory Surgery Center, performing outpatient eye surgery. He is an active staff member of Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital, having served as Chief of Surgery.
- 1988-present - American Board of Ophthalmology Diplomate
- American Board of Ophthalmology Fellow
- Residency:1984-1987 Central Joaquin Valley Medical Education Program University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- Internship: 1983-1984 - University of California San Francisco Valley Medical Center, Fresno, CA
- Medical School: 1978-1983 - University of California San Francisco School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA
- College: 1974-1978 -Bachelor of Art/Music, Brown University, Providence, RI
Dr. Matthew Zealear began his Ophthalmology practice in 1987, when he joined Dr. James Hagele and Dr. Keith Mercer of Sierra View Medical Eye INC. He has had the honor and great fortune to serve his patients in Grass Valley for the past twenty-three years. He has been married to his lovely wife for thirty-three years, raising three wonderful children. His interests outside of ophthalmology include piano, photography, skiing, kayaking and hiking.