Meet Dr. Ayazifar
- Dr. Mitra Ayazifar earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from University of California, Berkeley before completing a Doctor of Ophthalmology degree from George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences in 1997. Her internship was in Internal medicine at Washington Hospital Center. Dr. Ayazifar then excelled at her residency in Ophthalmology at Rhode Island Hospital, Brown Medical Center in 2001. In 2002, she served at Clinical Assistant professor of Surgery and Chief Resident while managing the general Ophthalmology and Oculoplastic Service at Rhode Island Hospital and Veterans Administration Medical Center in Providence, Rhode Island. She was also responsible for overseeing the Outpatient Eye Clinic and Inpatient Ophthalmology Consult Service at Rhode Island Hospital (a Level 1 Trauma center).
- Affectionally know as “Dr. Mitra” by her patients, she is an experienced eye physician and surgeon. She practices general ophthalmology as well as diagnosing and treating a variety of eye conditions including cataracts, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy and macular degeneration. Dr. Mitra’s interest include performing cataract surgeries, as well as, for functional and cosmetic eye lid conditions including ptosis repair (eyelids and brow), blepharoplasty (upper and lower eyelids), repair of ectropion, entropion and various eyelid malpositions. Par of her practice is also devoted to the excision of eyelids and facial skin cancers and reconstructive surgery after Mohs excision of carcinomas.
- AMERICAN BOARD OF OPHTHALMOLOGY
- 2003-2004: Fellowship in Oculofacial Surgery, Rhode Island Hospital/ Brown University Program in Surgery, Department of Ophthalmology, Providence, Rhode Island
- 2001-2002: Chief Resident/ Clinical Assistant Instructor in Surgery, Rhode Island Hospital/ Brown Medical School, Providence, Rhode Island
- 1998-2001: Residency, Rhode Island Hospital/ Brown Medical School, Department of Ophthalmology, Providence, Rhode Island
- 1997-1998: Internship, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, D.C.
- 1993-1997: Medical School, George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Washington, D.C.
- 1988-1991: Undergraduate Education, University of California at Berkeley, B.A., Molecular and Cellular Biology, Berkeley, CA
In her leisure time, Dr. Mitra enjoys cardio kickboxing, running, biking and spending quality time with her family and friends.